 Technic / 9944
Re: Hercules Jr.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:00:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rob Stehlik writes:

Hopefully you are right. I just don't see how my stupid 5 minute micro
walker fits in with amazing cranes and construction vehicles built by people
like TJ and Jennifer Clark.

I agree with you, some of the awesome cranes and other projects are much
more impressive than something designed to be, literally, as insignificant
as possible. On the other hand, I know that sometimes the thought and
planning that go into making something simple can take a while (I know for
myself that planning the Twirp design took a good bit longer than actually
building it).

???? This is a wierd way to define a walker. Here is my definition: A
creature that moves by transfering its weight from one set of legs to the
other. In the case of Bipeds, the weight is transfered from one leg to the
other. This disqualifies things that drag along the ground. But, in saying
all things that do not 'fall forward' are not walkers, you disqulify all
hexapods, quadrupeds, and a large group of bipeds.

Again, I agree with you. If this were the case, most of my bipeds wouldn't
be considered walkers because they are stable through the whole walking cycle.

-jrl