 Technic / 9941
Re: Hercules Jr.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 14:48:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Travis Kunce writes:
first off, I love this micro bot stuff.  I highly doubt that people using
technic bricks would disapprove of the microbots considering the furious
amount of momentum all the builders involved have achieved.  Not too mention
the dialouge that they have inspired.

Hopefully you are right. I just don't see how my stupid 5 minute micro
walker fits in with amazing cranes and construction vehicles built by people
like TJ and Jennifer Clark.

Secondly your bot rocks, although
like the baby walker, it technically probably isn't a walker in that it
doesn't ever fall forward.

???? This is a wierd way to define a walker. Here is my definition: A
creature that moves by transfering its weight from one set of legs to the
other. In the case of Bipeds, the weight is transfered from one leg to the
other. This disqualifies things that drag along the ground. But, in saying
all things that do not 'fall forward' are not walkers, you disqulify all
hexapods, quadrupeds, and a large group of bipeds.

still the ability to carry its own weight is
something  to behold and you deserver major cudos.  I can't wait till this
.space project that i'm trying to finish is done so i can build off off your
work and make a bot that has all four feet hit the ground at different
intervals, which i know in my heart is possible...

Sure its possible. Just bigger :) I made one version that just used cranks
with small tires on the end as feet, which provided the diagonally opposite
stride. But it didn't have the balance.

great work man

Thanks. I think thats it for the microbots. More interesting stuff to come.

Rob