 Technic / 9913
  Hercules Jr.

At the risk of thoroughly annoying all of the real technic builders here (people who build cranes and trucks, etc) here is yet another tiny walker. I said I would stop after the first one, but its kind of fun :) I was able to make Hercules a fair (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

first off, I love this micro bot stuff. I highly doubt that people using technic bricks would disapprove of the microbots considering the furious amount of momentum all the builders involved have achieved. Not too mention the dialouge that they have (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) Hey, cool design tweak. I've come up with a design revision for Hercules that is the same overall size as this one, although it uses a different design. I think if you combined this foot design with the one you just came up with, you could (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) Hopefully you are right. I just don't see how my stupid 5 minute micro walker fits in with amazing cranes and construction vehicles built by people like TJ and Jennifer Clark. (...) ???? This is a wierd way to define a walker. Here is my (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I agree with you, some of the awesome cranes and other projects are much more impressive than something designed to be, literally, as insignificant as possible. On the other hand, I know that sometimes the thought and planning that go into (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I disagree :-) Big, monster creations with a lot of function can be impressive. However, something that is designed to be "as insignificant" as possible can be just as, if not more, impressive! If you take a moment and try to understand a (...) (21 years ago, 9-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I often build big, but I don't put much effort in what I build. I build for recreation from a long day of problem solving so I don't like to struggle with more problems when I get home. My projects almost always "fly togheter" from a handful (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) I agree completely. Einstein said "Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler". Making things as simple as possible takes a lot of work sorting out relevent from irrelevent. That is a lot of mental effort. (...) Living within (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hercules Jr.

(...) You have some good points there. I wasn't meaning to speak badly of the small walker projects- I'm actually one of the people who started the whole mini-walker thing. I meant that some of the larger projects have definitely been more complex, (...) (21 years ago, 10-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)