 Technic / 9850
  baby walker

"travis" <phree@attbi.com> wrote in message news:HCpBuo.1CIw@lugnet.com... (...) hi it's me again :))) well i need some help with mlcad as you can see on the ldr file i didn't bent flex axle if someone would tell me if there is a primitive part of (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Man, these things are gettin' small :). I just had an idea for something like this. I'm not sure if this could be called a walker because the body touches the ground as it goes along, but it's a cute little monopod :). -jrl (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

Hi Pixel, That's minimalist art ! The end primitive is a stretched stud3a.dat Here is a modified ldr, done with Orion Pobursky's flexible part plugin for LDDesignPad ((2 URLs) seems to be down at this time) Cheers, Philo www.philohome.com (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

Hi Paul, My flexible part synthesizer named LSynth ((URL) supports flexible axles. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:HCtLrG.2454@lugnet.com... (...) i've got another one idea to make it smaller (...) thanx a lot philo (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:HCtM1A.24v6@lugnet.com... (...) i have some problems with installing it but during weekend i'll try to do it thanx mate pixel (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Paul, Very cool! It has two legs though... The second leg is the motor itself IMHO. It just doesn't have a body :^) Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

Hi Paul, FYI. I tried to add the flexible axle using LSynth, and it didn't do as well as Orion's LLDP plug in. Looks like work on LSynth might start up soon to improve things. Kevin (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Well, I'm sure you can make it smaller :) I don't have the micromotor myself so I cant try it out. Can you connect the crankshaft directly too the motor some way? What is the output from the micromotor? A short cross axel or what? I've seen (...) (21 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) I've got an idea for a walker similar to this one that only uses seven pieces! I can't try it out yet because I don't have a micro motor yet either, but it seems like it should work. It uses a 1x2 technic brick with 2 holes connected directly (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  (canceled)

  Re: baby walker

Øyvind Steinnes's utterance expressed in news:HCtvwx.vt2@lugnet.com: (...) Trouble is.. the micro motor is equipped with a small platic ring that only fits the pulley what comes with it. (URL) - motor (URL) - pulley The pulley can hold an crossaxle (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

It works! (URL) stability is obtained more from wire stiffness than from 2x4 brick (not heavy enough, without wire motor would turn over when in topmost position) Cheers, Philo www.philohome.com (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Cool! I figured that the stiffness of the wire would help. I guess I'll call it Shorty ,as it's only a little over an inch tall :). Now I've just got to get that micro motor ordered so I can try it out myself. I'm wondering if you could try (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

...and then they were five... The 1x7 liftarm is a bit short and the motor bumps against the flexible axle. So I used a 1x9 (7+2) to be low enough, and I could remove Micromotor bottom. I used a 1x2 liftarm with plate only for aestetical reasons... (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

I got into a big debate at the bar last night as to whether this is a walker or not. Believe me, by the end I found myself arguing for this bot's place as a walker. but that was last night and I had too much to drink. this bot deserves to be in a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

after watching that film, i got to say that this is fun but its totally not a walker. first foremost for that leg drag, I'd rename this Igor or somthing. -tk "Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:HCvtts.nF@lugnet.com... (...) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Very cool! Thanks for trying out the design for me, I would have worked on it myself, but I'm glad you could help me out. I'm wondering, did the design with 7 pieces get its foot totally off the ground? I think lego is actually making a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) I was just thinking about the design and that I would really like to have it lift its foot off the ground, and I think I have something. I think that a 1x7 liftarm with an 18 long flex tube would be a touch smaller and allow the foot to clear (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) The micro motor's ring will acutally fit on more than that. I have sucessfully used it with a "gear 16 tooth with clutch": (URL) well as directly on to the bottom of a brick, or in one of the holes of a beam. (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

it works well with part x 265 peeron: (URL) Gjerløw Jørgensen" <lgjPURGE@jyde.dk> wrote in message news:Xns935471471AE2....63.236... (...) on (...) pulley (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Actually no, the double bent liftarm has no point where it balances perfectly. (...) yes, (URL) (but I've none yet!) (...) Sure you can !!! (...) Yes it works, but to rise the foot completely you have to add the bottom motor part. I had a (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Thanks, I'll be trying it out soon myself. I figured that if it lifted its foot off the ground, it would more easily be considered a walker. I hope you have fun watching it stomp around :). -jrl P.S. Are you planning on taking any pics? (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Here they are: The 5 pieces version looks really disproportionate: (URL) 6 pieces is nicer and "walks" well: (URL) (350K) Philo www.philohome.com (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Great! The six piece design is nicer all around, but I guess if someone wants the design with one less piece, the fiver is kind of neat in its own way. This is actually less than an inch tall! I guess that probably classifies it as the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:HCxAx3.1zrL@lugnet.com... (...) hi i suspected that you guys can beat me during weekend it's true with just one "but" do we count the electric connector? i do see my design (however (...) (21 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

Hello ! (...) ;o)) (...) No, it was not included in count. Actually, your mini7_01 has the same part count as monopod6. (...) What did you use to secure triangle on the crankshaft ? (...) Actually I didn't create the bent part in (URL) as an (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) Oh yes, it's a Technic Axle Towball ! Philo (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

hi philo sorry i forgot to send PM folder (URL) you can see i used axle pin with tow ball because the krankshaft is "reversed" it saves one piece :) (...) when i create .mpd file i cannot use models on one drawing i mean switching between models (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

(...) In your "readme" file (URL) please give credit to James Loewen, this is his design MUCH more than mine !!! (...) From MLcad help file: "Inserting a sub-model as a part In the "Available Parts" pane and in the "Part preview" pane there is a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: baby walker

ok done with info.txt thanx very much for your help philo pixel (21 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)