 Technic / 8529
8528  |  8530
Subject:
Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 22:57:45 GMT

Hi all

I was building the sports car I announced some time ago (If you don´t
remember, check http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=8218 )when I saw some
perpendicular axle joiners were splitting.
Check it yourselves:
(WARNING: file too heavy, 115KB... a less detailed version is at
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=28892 )

You see 1 toggle joint toothed (all of my six are in the same condition) and
3 axle joiners: the 2 of the left, along other one, are the ones in the
worst condition;the other one is an average one... but all of my
perpendicular axle joiners are cracked in some way.... and worst of all: all
in the same place!
(disclaimer: what you saw isn't any kind of part of the car... it was only
for putting those parts in my scanner. All of these images were made putting
the lego in my scanner)

This problem made me remove all axle joiners (I'm afraid someday one of them
would break) and stop building until problem is fixed. This problem is also
present in one of my 30.4x14 VR wheels.

But how? Is it any way of stopping and/or correcting that problem? Or at
least, avoiding it?

Also... Some axles, specially axles 6 and 8, are bent (some of them up to 5
degrees or more). Check it yourselves:
(if you want a hi-res image, try this:
WARNING: file too heavy... 100KB)

The pictures speak for themselves. And almost the same questions:
Is it possible to straighten those pieces? or at least avoiding further
bendings in these and other axles? Does the rubber bands have something to
do with them?

Maybe I'm expecting too much... or I'm the only unlucky one with those
problems....

Thanks a lot

Luis Miguel