 Technic / 8218
8217  |  8219
Subject:
Front suspension and 3-or-more-speeds gearbox
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 19:54:48 GMT

Help me!!!!

I'm trying to build a car (I prefer a sport car, like 8448 or 8880) with all
wheel suspension, V6 engine, front steering and rear wheel drive. Also I
want a gearbox (3 or more speeds) and I want its (the car's) size similar to
the 8440 or 8445 (not bigger because I don't have bigger wheels.... my
biggest ones are the 8440/8445/8286 wheels)

The problems are the gearbox and the front suspension... I have built a 3
speed gearbox (without reverse), but it's too big.... Is it possible to
increase the number of speeds without a huge increment of the gearbox's size?
Also, is it possible to build a front suspension which wheelbase is as wide
as 8445 Indy Storm front wheelbase? And also adding a front V6 or V4 engine?

Maybe I'm expecting too much.... but thanks anyway

Luis