 Technic / 8553
Re: Heeeelp! My lego is cracking (and I'm not joking)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:47:58 GMT

A question for all: Is 5 years too old??? My first lego was bought ending
1997 and I stopped buying in 1999, when no good sets were arriving to
Colombia... and because they are too expensive here too.

Some of my Technic LEGO is about 20 years and still good to go, colors fading
and scratch marks but still highly usable.

Is it too much stress using the axle joiners for building a
front suspension system, including the steering?

Depends on how it's done. If it cracks; Yes :)

Considering your axles are also bent indicates too much stress.

And yes, the fissures in my axle joiners are not so vissible until they're
put on axles. 3 of my axle joiners (2 of them are on the photo) have a full
fissure... I mean, the fissure goes from one side of the joiner to the
other... or in other words, the axle joiner is broken, but still receives axles.

I have to this date never broken a axle joiner like you. Some gears, a lot of
4273 Technic Connector Toggle Joint Toothed and 3651 Technic Connector's and a
whole lot of 3713 Technic Bushes.

Best regards,
/Tobbe
http://www.lotek.nu