 Technic / 10910
Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 13:03:42 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur wrote:
As most of you know, the black friction pegs included in Technic sets issued
before 1990 had a design that made them extremely hard to work with. I was
wondering how the rest of you go about removing these things from other other
pieces.

Teeth, man. Use your teeth! :-)

When I was much younger, and a little short in the brains department(1), I used
my teeth for much of my difficult LEGO disassembly. Consequently, I have a
chipped tooth and many chewed up LEGO parts.

Seriously, the other suggestions posted are quite good. I myself do not use
those old pegs anymore. I have them separated away from the newer style pegs,
and only use the newer style.

Not only are the older style difficult to remove, their friction (or sticking
ability) varies greatly. It's a little annoying to use one that sticks like
glue, and then pick up the next one and it doesn't stick at all.

-TJ

1. I still am ;-)