 Technic / 10907
Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:19:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Gaurav Thakur wrote:

Does anyone have a better solution for taking these pegs out,
one that does not deform the peg (or your hands) so much?

I've always used the official technique of making the T-shaped piece from two
axles and pushing the peg out.  If the black pegs are *really* stubborn, I build
a sort of block with a 2x2 hole down the middle and lay the technic beam and peg
over the hole, then use a shortened T part as a punch.  Just hammer the things
out.  Make sure that you align the punch really well over the end of the peg and
hold it right next to the beam.

Blisters, along with cuts on the soles of one's feet from walking on pieces, are
just a sign that you need to play with Lego more to build up resistance.

Becky