 Technic / 10906
  Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

As most of you know, the black friction pegs included in Technic sets issued before 1990 had a design that made them extremely hard to work with. I was wondering how the rest of you go about removing these things from other other pieces. The method (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) In the cases where I've had one of those installed in a place where it can be pushed completely through the connection, I've never had any problems like the ones you've mentioned above (most of the modern TECHNIC plus-shaped holes have some (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I've always used the official technique of making the T-shaped piece from two axles and pushing the peg out. If the black pegs are *really* stubborn, I build a sort of block with a 2x2 hole down the middle and lay the technic beam and peg over (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

Hi Gaurav, Here is one method that might work for you. (URL) luck. Best regards, Paul (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) Teeth, man. Use your teeth! :-) When I was much younger, and a little short in the brains department(1), I used my teeth for much of my difficult LEGO disassembly. Consequently, I have a chipped tooth and many chewed up LEGO parts. Seriously, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

I simply use a 16L beam with cross axle/peg type pegs in the outermost holes. You align with the target beam on the one peg and then press the two beams together forcing the black peg out with the other cross axle peg. I've done whole 8865's this (...) (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I'm using something like (URL) to disassemble old models. It works great, but only on technic beams. cu Robert (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) When dismantling the 8865 I used a similar technique, only half a beam (like <part:32063> or <part:2825>) instead of a full beam and <part:3959> or (URL) instead of the antenna. Taking the pin out of the half beam afterwards is easy. - David (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) A half beam...or a technic plate etc... That's a great idea! Regards, Paul (21 years ago, 4-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

Thanks for the responses, everyone. (...) I generally also use the notched 2 axles in my models, but I seem to actually have way more of the older notchless type. Those are pretty easy to remove by using the older type of half-bushings though (part (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I must confess that I was a bit mixed up on the original question, as I don't believe I own any of the old pins without the slot through the center. I thought you were referring to the old #2 plus-rods. Anyways, how about trying a 1x? TECHNIC (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) Gaurav, I always have one of these: (URL) lying around - lets you push down, and makes it much easier to remove such pins. Unfortunately, some older pins still get distorted, and call me wasteful, but I just throw them in the bin. I have more (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pre-1990 friction pegs removal techniques?

(...) I'll trade you. I have about 100 new, never used friction pins, and a gazillion used ones. (21 years ago, 6-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic)