 Space / 9760
Re: New MOC - The Galaxy Enforcer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:47:25 GMT

In lugnet.space, Trevor Pruden writes:
In lugnet.space, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
Greetings, all.

It has been a while since I built anything new or posted it to LUGNET. I have
been in (somewhat) regular contact with Kyle Keppler and Tim Courtney about my
status (still unemployed), plus I recently just survived a traffic accident.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge. In preparation for the humongous
space base I am planning, I thought I'd preface it with a quick MOC called the
Galaxy Enforcer (after the Galaxy Explorer -- you get an A). You can view it
at:

Which is just about all you can do very soon because I'm going to strip this
puppy for needed parts. Here are a few details:

The canopy opens a full 90 degrees. The two bottom *gif files (bottom1 and
bottom2) show the rear landing gear retracted and raised. The front wheel
actually turns. Yeah, yeah, I know...what does a space fighter need with
wheels? I just think retractable landing gear is neat, that's all. For that
matter, what does a space fighter need with a tail? Again...

The two main outer guns were taken from the Millenium Falcon model (LEGO
#7190). There are also four additional guns, one pair directly beneath the
cockpit and the other pair on either side of the fuselage behind the cockpit.

I built the missles using alternating gray and white 2x2 round bricks --
alternating because I thought they would stand out more.

Now, I know the MOC looks like a mutated F16, but that's just the way it turned
out.

====================
Quick Note related to the "From" line: If there is a LEGO group here in Austin,
I have yet to discover a way to contact them. If there isn't, well...at least
now you know a potential name. Cheers.
====================

Keep up the good building.

Sincerely,

Pat Hough

Very nice Pat! :^)  I like the classic styling.  The missle thingies are  a
nice touch.

BTW you can call your MOCs aaannnnything your heart desires.  Their your
MOCs afterall.  Keep up the great work!

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.
Trevor, the reason I stated that I did not like the names that he used was
that I was going to name other space craft in my fleet after those names and
that it would either appear as confusing to people or the fact that I stole
the names of the space craft, which I did not steal the names for his space
craft.  The reason that I do not have any models for the space craft is that
a small mecha that I have been trying to build (at least on paper) for the
past few weeks (think of Exo Squad meets Mechwarrior) has been a thorn in my
side, particularly in designing the legs and I have not completed that
design until today and that I do not have LDraw so that I can show you what
my space craft would appear in Lugnet.
I know that his mistake was unintentional but I need the names of these
space craft or else I can not provide any complete listing for my space
craft, that is my space craft will not have a proper classification system
and I need the names because, as it currently exists with our United States
Navy, all ships have a designation class, such as a Benjamin Franklin class
submarine or a Seawolf class subamrine or a Arizona battleship or a Nimitz
aircraft carrier and space craft, particularly my space craft and most, if
not all, of the space craft on Lugnet and all of the affiliated computer
sites, also have to have designation classes.  I want to use other names for
my space craft but none of the names that I have thought in my head have
been as effective as those names.
There are some ways that we can resolve this in a more peaceful manner,
Trevor.  You and the person who used a name for their space craft that I
have been planning to use can help me think of new names for my space craft
or I can help this person desing space craft and we can work on the space
craft as a joint venture.
Jesse Long
P.S.  I have also been trying to make a way for my mecha, with the slight
repostioning of a few LEGO pieces, can also be used as a light space craft.
The arms of the mecha serve as small wings and the nose of the space craft
are the legs of the mecha.  I hope that when I have it built that you are
impressed by this mecha.