 Space / 9739
Re: New MOC - The Galaxy Enforcer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 19:45:26 GMT

In lugnet.space, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
Greetings, all.

It has been a while since I built anything new or posted it to LUGNET. I have
been in (somewhat) regular contact with Kyle Keppler and Tim Courtney about my
status (still unemployed), plus I recently just survived a traffic accident.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge. In preparation for the humongous
space base I am planning, I thought I'd preface it with a quick MOC called the
Galaxy Enforcer (after the Galaxy Explorer -- you get an A). You can view it
at:

Which is just about all you can do very soon because I'm going to strip this
puppy for needed parts. Here are a few details:

The canopy opens a full 90 degrees. The two bottom *gif files (bottom1 and
bottom2) show the rear landing gear retracted and raised. The front wheel
actually turns. Yeah, yeah, I know...what does a space fighter need with
wheels? I just think retractable landing gear is neat, that's all. For that
matter, what does a space fighter need with a tail? Again...

The two main outer guns were taken from the Millenium Falcon model (LEGO
#7190). There are also four additional guns, one pair directly beneath the
cockpit and the other pair on either side of the fuselage behind the cockpit.

I built the missles using alternating gray and white 2x2 round bricks --
alternating because I thought they would stand out more.

Now, I know the MOC looks like a mutated F16, but that's just the way it turned
out.

====================
Quick Note related to the "From" line: If there is a LEGO group here in Austin,
I have yet to discover a way to contact them. If there isn't, well...at least
now you know a potential name. Cheers.
====================

Keep up the good building.

Sincerely,

Pat Hough
I am impressed with some features of the space craft but you are correct in
saying that this space craft resembles a F-16, which it does quite resemble
that particular aircraft.  I am not impressed, however, that you have used
some names for some of the vessels for my LEGO Space theme but then again,
you did not know that I was using those names so let me help you find new
names for your space craft and help you build your base if you have any
problems with your space base.
Jesse Long