 Space / 9748
Re: New MOC - The Galaxy Enforcer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 22:01:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, William P. (Pat) Hough writes:
Greetings, all.

It has been a while since I built anything new or posted it to LUGNET. I have
been in (somewhat) regular contact with Kyle Keppler and Tim Courtney about my
status (still unemployed), plus I recently just survived a traffic accident.

Anyway, that's all water under the bridge. In preparation for the humongous
space base I am planning, I thought I'd preface it with a quick MOC called the
Galaxy Enforcer (after the Galaxy Explorer -- you get an A). You can view it
at:

Which is just about all you can do very soon because I'm going to strip this
puppy for needed parts. Here are a few details:

The canopy opens a full 90 degrees. The two bottom *gif files (bottom1 and
bottom2) show the rear landing gear retracted and raised. The front wheel
actually turns. Yeah, yeah, I know...what does a space fighter need with
wheels? I just think retractable landing gear is neat, that's all. For that
matter, what does a space fighter need with a tail? Again...

The two main outer guns were taken from the Millenium Falcon model (LEGO
#7190). There are also four additional guns, one pair directly beneath the
cockpit and the other pair on either side of the fuselage behind the cockpit.

I built the missles using alternating gray and white 2x2 round bricks --
alternating because I thought they would stand out more.

Now, I know the MOC looks like a mutated F16, but that's just the way it turned
out.

====================
Quick Note related to the "From" line: If there is a LEGO group here in Austin,
I have yet to discover a way to contact them. If there isn't, well...at least
now you know a potential name. Cheers.

Keep up the good building.

Sincerely,

Pat Hough

Very nice Pat! :^)  I like the classic styling.  The missle thingies are  a
nice touch.

BTW you can call your MOCs aaannnnything your heart desires.  Their your
MOCs afterall.  Keep up the great work!

~Trev
Astro Lift Co.