 Space / 9762
Re: New MOC - The Galaxy Enforcer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:14:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jesse Alan Long writes:

snip

Trevor, the reason I stated that I did not like the names that he used was
that I was going to name other space craft in my fleet after those names and
that it would either appear as confusing to people or the fact that I stole
the names of the space craft, which I did not steal the names for his space
craft

snip

There are some ways that we can resolve this in a more peaceful manner,
Trevor.  You and the person who used a name for their space craft that I
have been planning to use can help me think of new names for my space craft
or I can help this person desing space craft and we can work on the space
craft as a joint venture.
Jesse Long

Unless someone has offically copyrighted something, then anyone is free to
use the same name as someone else.  Especially since all of this is supposed
to be for having fun and not for making profit, right?

For instance, how about the name "Enterprise"?  Let's see how many times
this name shows up:

1) U.S.S. Enterprise NC-1701A-E (fictional Star Trek starships)
2) U.S.S. Enterprise CVN-65 (real United States aircraft carrier)
3) U.S.S. Enterprise (real NASA space shuttle orbiter)

Which one of these vehicles should be renamed as far as you are concerned?

- Bob