 Space / 39442
Re: New Ship: Harlequin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 15 Sep 2005 13:41:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Timothy Gould wrote:
   --SNIP--

   I hope all these constant attacks and slights on each other all go away. Make it about the MOCs and the Brick itself, as it always was and should be. That is why we are here to share the fun we get from building. Some how it has mutated in to something else. All of you who read this have the keys to make it better.

You must be reading a different Lugnet to the one I am reading. I see a great deal of humour (albeit somewhat puerile) and some fairly creative MOC building going on. The closest you get to attacks and slights seem to come mostly from the people that don’t see the humour (or perhaps even see that it is humour).

Yes, I think some people here have been stuck in orbit around Sirius.

In the week that Bonktron emerges from below the asteroid belt, who would have imagined a flotilla of similar shaped craft would follow.

   Picture it like a cinema. There might be a black comedy from France showing next to the latest Adam Sandler film (if you had a really weird cinema). Some people will find the Adam Sandler film puerile and dull and others will find the French film just odd and maybe even mean, but neither group is going to deny the other shouldn’t exist. We should all take a lesson from this amazing cinema.

   Need the answer? Look at the smile on the Lego mini-fig’s face. That’s the answer.

   Agreed! Tell a bad joke to a minifig and he’ll (yes I’m aware that there are female minifigs but statistically it will probably be a he) keep on smiling.

The classic smiley looks like he has popped one of Stanley Scibricks ‘e’s. There are plenty of oddball/strange minifig faces too.