 Space / 38886
Re: Space! at BrickFest 2005
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:51:05 GMT

In lugnet.space, Bruce Hietbrink wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   An idea I have is to build a shipyard for fighters and shuttles to land. It would be a plain baseplate with tiles and lights on it, and I would provide refueling and maintainence crews. I think this will add to the life of the moonbase and make for a more interesting/dynamic display. It will also give some ‘blank space’ between modules that you are describing.

Hey Lenny,

That’s a great idea. Interspersing some “parking lot” spaces between the modules also makes it possible for a lot of people who can’t bring full modules to participate in the layout by adding their small ships.

Bruce

Exactly my idea Bruce. Also, people can contribute by bringing maintainence crews, etc. I’d love to see a bunch of little maintainence rovers and whatnot. Stuff like that would be in the running for Best Detail - we want to see small stuff that makes us go wow!

-Lenny

PS. I should add that Best Detail could also be a really cool detail on something larger - but it is the detail itself that will be judged, not the large MOC that it comes on.