 Space / 29518
Re: SS-A Paladin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:46:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Philip Painter wrote:
   Finally took some pics of the Super Striker Advanced Paladin:

Deep links:

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Thanks to everyone who gave me criticisms and suggestions while building this.

The SS-A Paladin features a payload of eight Improved Starlite Warheads, two blasters, and an integrated beam cannon. The powerful beam cannon can fire three times and remain within safe energy parameters. An additional shot can be made using emergency energy stores.

The SS-A Paladin also features a super computer, which sits behind the pilot, to assist in target identification, data, and acquisition, statistical outcome data, and navigation. The computer-assisted flight frees the pilot to concentrate on maneuvers—making the Paladin a more effective dog-fighter than it’s experimental predecessor.

Gorgeous! The studless look comes off superbly. This looks almost part UCS, part system scale, especially with the detail-rich cockpit. The break apart view is excellent too....interesting to see how the SNOT came together.

Despite it’s lack of SW guns and skimpy technical data/background fiction, an excellent build Phil.

Cheers, -Gil