 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1619
Subject:
SS-A Paladin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 13:31:25 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Finally took some pics of the Super Striker Advanced Paladin:

Deep links:

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Thanks to everyone who gave me criticisms and suggestions while building this.

The SS-A Paladin features a payload of eight Improved Starlite Warheads, two blasters, and an integrated beam cannon. The powerful beam cannon can fire three times and remain within safe energy parameters. An additional shot can be made using emergency energy stores.

The SS-A Paladin also features a super computer, which sits behind the pilot, to assist in target identification, data, and acquisition, statistical outcome data, and navigation. The computer-assisted flight frees the pilot to concentrate on maneuvers—making the Paladin a more effective dog-fighter than it’s experimental predecessor.

Re: SS-A Paladin
In lugnet.announce.moc, Philip Painter wrote:
   Finally took some pics of the Super Striker Advanced Paladin:

Deep links:

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Thanks to everyone who gave me criticisms and suggestions while building this.

The SS-A Paladin features a payload of eight Improved Starlite Warheads, two blasters, and an integrated beam cannon. The powerful beam cannon can fire three times and remain within safe energy parameters. An additional shot can be made using emergency energy stores.

The SS-A Paladin also features a super computer, which sits behind the pilot, to assist in target identification, data, and acquisition, statistical outcome data, and navigation. The computer-assisted flight frees the pilot to concentrate on maneuvers—making the Paladin a more effective dog-fighter than it’s experimental predecessor.

Gorgeous! The studless look comes off superbly. This looks almost part UCS, part system scale, especially with the detail-rich cockpit. The break apart view is excellent too....interesting to see how the SNOT came together.

Despite it’s lack of SW guns and skimpy technical data/background fiction, an excellent build Phil.

Cheers, -Gil

Re: SS-A Paladin
In lugnet.announce.moc, Philip Painter wrote:
   Finally took some pics of the Super Striker Advanced Paladin:

Deep links:

01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

Thanks to everyone who gave me criticisms and suggestions while building this.

The SS-A Paladin features a payload of eight Improved Starlite Warheads, two blasters, and an integrated beam cannon. The powerful beam cannon can fire three times and remain within safe energy parameters. An additional shot can be made using emergency energy stores.

The SS-A Paladin also features a super computer, which sits behind the pilot, to assist in target identification, data, and acquisition, statistical outcome data, and navigation. The computer-assisted flight frees the pilot to concentrate on maneuvers—making the Paladin a more effective dog-fighter than it’s experimental predecessor.

Where’s the landing gear? *hehe*

Otherwise, a nice smooth design. Sort of reminds me of the Colonial Vipers from battlestar Galactica. I love the pilot’s seat and the controls. Very nice.

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com

Re: SS-A Paladin
In lugnet.announce.moc, Philip Painter wrote:
   Finally took some pics of the Super Striker Advanced Paladin:

What’s up Phil? At first it looked to me like a predecessor to the Galactica MkII The Paladin is in a class of its own. As always your SNOT rules. I have been “influenced by you. You will notice that when I finish my DR02A Drop and Retrieval Ship. Keep them coming!!! David.

Re: SS-A Paladin