 Space / 29550
Re: SS-A Paladin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:48:53 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Philip Painter wrote:
   Finally took some pics of the Super Striker Advanced Paladin:

snip

Hey Phil,

That’s lovely. Mmmmmmm, SNOT. Having a very special place in my heart for SNOT construction, I especially like the wing and hull fairing mixture as seen in the ventral shots; I do want to ask, however, how you affixed those to the fuselage section. How many studs of contact do they have, and is there any connection between the two halves (R and L wing)?

Also, that cockpit is beautiful. I wanted to ask, regarding the detailed engine segment:

Have you considered using the Bounty Hunter Pursuit 2x2x2 droid body in black with the engine wiring? That seems like it would look pretty good in there.

Man, what goodness. Excellent opening canopy mechanism, too. So much innovation to, uh, “borrow” here...

best

LFB

Thanks for the comments Lindsay!

The wings/engines have an eight-stud contact area on the side of the fuselage: four on the top row and four in the second row. There is no connection between the two halves. It would have been difficult to do so and maintain appearance, as their studs are faced opposingly. They hold on really well, though.

I might have considered it, if I had that element. One of the droid bodies probably would look really good in there, though. Great suggestion. Thanks!

Glad you like it!