 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 1619
  SS-A Paladin

Finally took some pics of the Super Striker Advanced Paladin: (URL) Deep links: (URL) 01> (URL) 02> (URL) 03> (URL) 04> (URL) 05> (URL) 06> (URL) 07> (URL) 08> (URL) 09> (URL) 10> (URL) 11> (URL) 12> (URL) 13> (URL) 14> Thanks to everyone who gave (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, FTX) !

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Gorgeous! The studless look comes off superbly. This looks almost part UCS, part system scale, especially with the detail-rich cockpit. The break apart view is excellent too....interesting to see how the SNOT came together. Despite it's lack (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Where's the landing gear? *hehe* Otherwise, a nice smooth design. Sort of reminds me of the Colonial Vipers from battlestar Galactica. I love the pilot's seat and the controls. Very nice. Adrian (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) What's up Phil? At first it looked to me like a predecessor to the Galactica MkII The Paladin is in a class of its own. As always your SNOT rules. I have been "influenced by you. You will notice that when I finish my DR02A Drop and Retrieval (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) No, look... it has a rack! (URL) Nice rack. (snicker) Well done, Mr. Painter. The lower fins look better angled down. -Grand Admiral .space Curator (URL) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Wow, this thing is great! All the details just come together perfectly. I wish I could pull off a color scheme like this, hard to describe why, but it just seems right. The stand is a nice touch too. Daniel Rubin (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Well, I gotta tell you, I prefered by far the Paladin. It looked sleekier and it had more grace. The SSA Paladin is still a nice ship, but compared to some of your previous work, I'm disappointed. But that's just my opinion. I see many people (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) [snip] Hey Phil, That's lovely. Mmmmmmm, SNOT. Having a very special place in my heart for SNOT construction, I especially like the wing and hull fairing mixture as seen in the ventral shots; I do want to ask, however, how you affixed those to (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

I like the 3/4 rear view - the stacked wedge plates under the tail fin give the appearance of flare or chaff dispensers, or some kind of cooling apparatus. Cockpit rocks, too. James Wilson Dallas, TX (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Dear Gil, Believe it or not all my SW cannons are currently tied-up in my Serpentor Hover-Throne, which, I might add, does not have a landing gear. Next time I will include an annotated version of the fictional history. But I'm glad you like (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Thanks, Adrian. I'm glad you like it! I hadn't noticed the similarity to the Vipers. But now that someone points it out, I can see it. (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Thanks for the comments, David. I'm happy to hear that my designs can influence others. I've learned tons from AFoLs, and it means a lot to hear that some can learn from me. (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Thanks for the suggestions and help with this one, Mark. Maybe the Paladin3 will have a landing gear. Or not. (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Thanks, Daniel. I'm glad you like it! Heh, I don't know if I ever "pull off" color schemes. I'm a complete hack when it comes to color. But I'm glad this one appears to work. (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Sorry to hear that, Terry. Though I consider this to be a step up in "evolution" of the SS series, I'm still pretty attached to the original Paladin. I'm glad you can still appreciate it on it's own along others I've done. (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Thanks for the comments Lindsay! The wings/engines have an eight-stud contact area on the side of the fuselage: four on the top row and four in the second row. There is no connection between the two halves. It would have been difficult to do (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Thanks, James! The vents in back are intended for cooling. With the hatch off you can see the fan unit. (heh, he said "unit.") Glad you like it! (2 URLs) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) I really like the grey slopage behind the cockpit! It really makes the canopy look smooth. And the judicious use of stickers, very nicely done, I approve wholeheartedly. And the engine is a great idea, simple yet looks awesome. Not too excited (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

snip (...) . . . (...) The SS-A Paladin is a great ship. I agree that the cockpit design is really outstanding. I also really like the exploded views you provided showing how all that SNOT came together. You make it look really easy. I also like the (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) Thanks for the comments and criticisms, Paul and Doug. The wing shape is probably something I could work on—out of all the shapes I tried I like it the best, but I confess I'm not completely satisfied with it either. I didn't want it to be a (...) (20 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: SS-A Paladin

(...) I hate you with all the genetically combined hatred of history's greatest haters. (20 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)