 Space / 27855
Re: Moonbase Corridor Floor Height Should Be Raised 2 Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 2003 22:51:52 GMT

.I've been playing with a cargo system for moonbases
and I think that it would make sense for early moonbases
to re-use cargo containers in their structure.

The TEU's (twenty foot equivalent units) I've muddled up work well for
interconnections, mate up with standard corridors and when used with
adapters they work with wide ones too.

They also add a new level of playablity.  Think of it
Build your cargo ship.  Land it on a moon.  Unload it and re-assemble
it into a moonbase nucleus.  More ships arrive and the moon base grows !

Here's a pic on an inter-connection module made with cargo containers :
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/xanthra47/moonbase/cn-teu-x.jpg

The thing about cargo containers is that it's useful
to stack them up. Assuming that large housing units could be made of
stacks of cargo containers the vertical spacing works out to 8 bricks.

This also allow us to use vertical technic beams to hold things together!

But the current starting height doesn't quite allow a cargo container or
vehicles below it.

I think we should set the first level at 10 bricks and then the
interlevel spacing should be 8 bricks.

Jon Palmer wrote:
Wait.  Put down that shovel.
This is the deal:

We will be adding some new features to the Moonbase Project standard soon. These
include vertical corridors, higher horizontal corridors and a a permanent
Monorail integration standard. All of these new features will be aligned on a
module with a base measurement of 10,20,30 etc.

So..

Should the standard Moonbase Project Corridor be raised 2 bricks up from a
height of 8 to a height of 10 off the ground to match the new features?

And here is the poll:

<http://members.lugnet.com/polls/results/?n=167>

2 bricks folks. 2 bricks that could save a lot of headache in the long run.

~ <<http://zemi.net/sidebar/bot001.gif>>
~ [ j o n ]¬
  <http://zemi.net [zemi.net]>¬
  <http://the-shipyard.com [the-shipyard]>