 Space / 13047
Re: Classic Space Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 06:01:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Fred Herrmann writes:
In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hey, this thing is cool!

I can't read German, tho. :^(

The text in my gallery is full of allusions and quotes concerning just to
the members of the german newsgroup 1000steine.de, so I decided to write it
down only in German.

Whew! That explains why even typing the text into the web translators wasn't
much help! For the first image, I got the following (after adding spaces to the
middle of a few words that were confusing the translator):

- I have never believed in the fact that a myth can appear like LL928 in a
- draughty en hall in Billund. Nevertheless, there there must be something else
- bigger. A Sub dock space(area), 1200 studs wide. Or a dimension in which
- blue, gray and transparent yellow atoms so long by chance roll around since
- with a big bang the best side(page) of the 1980th Lego of catalogue appears.
- Or?

Now I know why translators should be multilingual.
If I had to guess at an interpretation, I'd try:

- I have never truly believed the story that a legendary [space set such as]
- LL928 could spontaneously appear in a drafty Billund factory. There must be
- something larger [behind its appearance]. Like a 1200-stud-wide sub-space
- dock. Or another dimension in which blue, gray, and transparent yellow atoms
- collide causing a Big Bang, culminating in the best page of the 1980 LEGO
- catalog.
- Or...?

Well, am I close?

I look forward to the official translation, but no rush! I have a new
appreciation of the difficulty in translating between languages!

Thanks!

Rick Clark