 Space / 13035
Re: Classic Space Factory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:04:39 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin writes:
Hey, this thing is cool!

I can't read German, tho. :^(

I especially like this picture:

It looks like a Classic Space version of Davis-Monthan AMARC - Aerospace
Maintenance And Regeneration Center (a.k.a. the Boneyard) where old planes
and other military hardware are stored!

Here are some side notes - AMARC has about 4,500 aircraft located on the
base and returned "$15 worth of goods and services to our customers for
every dollar spent."  The machine tooling for B-1 Lancer Bombers was even
stored there in case they wanted to build more.

http://www.dm.af.mil/AMARC/aerial_gallery.html

- Bob