 Robotics / 26533
Re: NXT What Programming Languages + Open source?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:13:24 GMT

Ross,

Have you been able to reproduce this under Cygwin?  I tried about six months ago
but kept hitting some errors in building the toolchain.  I used a variety of
build scripts, even trying to reproduce the GNU ARM toolchain but with very
similar error.  I did not try their binaries as I wanted to reproduce it myself.

I just was interested if anyone has done this under cygwin?

In lugnet.robotics, Ralph Hempel wrote:
Ross Crawford wrote:

Having said that, I'd love to see an open-source firmware/environment similar to
BrickOS for NXT, using the gcc toolchain.

Ross, I demonstrated a gcc toolchain at Brickfest this year, with
a GDB stub running on the NXT and using GDB on a host PC through the
USB cable.

[SNIP]

Once we have access to the firmware source, you'll see a version
of this available freely in a more user friendly package, with
a run-time library of routines to drive the NXT peripherals.

Has anyone heard any more on the timeframe for this?  Last I heard it was
supposed to be coming out with the SDKs back in August.

Ed