 Robotics / 24778

Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:10:28 GMT

In lugnet.announce, Lee Magpili wrote:
check out www.mindstorms.com/press

<snip>

whaaa!!
LeE

Wow!  Very cool!  I want two to start with!

Kev

Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:17:44 GMT

Just out of interest, who'd going to sell their old Mindstorms stuff.

According to the Wired article, the new NXT series sets won't be
compatible with the old Mindstorms stuff which is a bit alarming. It
makes me wonder if it is worth holding onto the old stuff or trying to
recoup some value from it now.

Having said all this, the new NXT looks superb. Three, count 'em, three
motors with built in rotation sensors!! and and ultrasound sensor. Don't
even get me started on BlueTooth connectivity!

The wait until August 2006 is going to be very very long!

Allen.