 Robotics / 25051
Re: hitechnic compass & NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 01:10:35 GMT

On Sun, January 8, 2006 3:24 am, dan miller wrote:
I know everyone is psyched about the NXT, but on another topic--

does anyone have experience with the new compass sensor from Hitechnic?  In
particular, I'm wondering what chip they use, and how sensitive it is to
non-horizontal placement.  Also, can you use raw readings to get better than
3.6-degree accuracy?

I got one a little while ago.  It's pretty cool.  With that, and one rotation
sensor, I was able to make a robot that could navigate a pre-defined course around
my house.

I'm not sure what chip is used, but I doubt you'll get better accuracy with raw
values.

I was just checking out the HiTechnic web site <http://www.hitechnic.com>.  They
must have just redone it, because it looks like they're planning on making compasses
for the NXT, too.

I think he knows something...  :)

Steve