 Robotics / 24782
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 14:00:59 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Allen Foster wrote:

Just out of interest, who'd going to sell their old Mindstorms stuff.

   Not me. From the press release it looks like this new NXT is going to
outclass the RCX, but that doesn't mean I won't play with the "old" stuff a
whole lot as well - I've not come near the limits of it as yet (I'm fine tuning
my 3T robot as I type... well, actually waiting for the program to download to
the brick).

According to the Wired article, the new NXT series sets won't be
compatible with the old Mindstorms stuff which is a bit alarming.

   If they both are LEGO, then I can at least stick them on the same robot
platform and use them for different things. "Compatible" for Wired may not be
the same as "compatible" for me!

The wait until August 2006 is going to be very very long!

   Then apply to be in the test group (I'm *certain* you'll not be the first...
or last!):

http://mindstorms.lego.com/community/default.aspx

--
Brian Davis