 Robotics / 22849
Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 08:19:16 GMT

   By the way, this capacitor is also great to zap the input fuse of the RCX (a 1.5A fast blow SMD fuse): if you power the RCX then accidentally make a dead short across power terminals, it will discharge through the fuse and blow it...

Hopefully you didn’t find this out the hard way...

A friend did the mistake for me... but I had to repair a few of his RCXs! The connector he used to plug an external supply was prone to be shorted (on RCX side) when he unplugged it. It was only several fuses later that we understood the problem!!!

Philo