 Robotics / 22839
Re: RCX 2.0 Power Supply
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Sep 2004 17:20:18 GMT

"Mark Riley" <markril@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi All,

I've posted some photos on Brickshelf of an external power supply for the RCX 2.

On a marginally related note, does someone out there have the
equipment to accurately test the output voltage of some typical dc
power supplies like the one used for this external ps?  I tested every
ps I could find in my house (probably 20 or more) and *none* of them
put out the stated voltage.  A typical 9v was putting out somewhere
between 12 and 15.  This seemed to be a typical overvoltage percentage
(~50%).  If someone else could check a few, it might provide some
useful information (I may not have a clue when testing).

If someone could test a genuine LEGO PS, that would be *really*
useful.

Thanks.

-Jon Gilchrist