 Pirates / 55
Re: Personal Pirates Trivia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:33:43 GMT

On Fri, 8 Oct 1999 19:57:57 GMT, "Tom Reed" <Merthyn1@webtv.net> wrote:

I've built a Pirate ship with 4 hull sections.  I used the Red Beard Runner
sections and hull.  It has 20 cannon mounted on it.  I'm thinking of building
one slightly longer, but with less mass.  More along the lines of the black
swan.

I'm thinking about adding converting my expansion-RBR to a two-decker.  It
looks too much like a big canoe currently.  Plus, the center mast I added
is too short.

It would be nice if the lego hulls were split in the middle like coko
block ships so you could expand the width.  Aaaah, wishful dreaming!

I've always thought that, about the pirate ship hulls, and the Town ship
hull bricks.  It's not like they don't know how to design them to allow
sound building.

I suppose each half-section would cost nearly as much as the full sections
do now, because TLG would need two molds, instead of one.  So it's a
cost-saving step on their part.

Steve