 Pirates / 91
Re: Personal Pirates Trivia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:05:39 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Ed Jones writes:

Steve Bliss wrote in message <38022bfd.352137473@lugnet.com>...

It would be nice if the lego hulls were split in the middle like coko
block ships so you could expand the width.  Aaaah, wishful dreaming!

I suppose each half-section would cost nearly as much as the full sections
do now, because TLG would need two molds, instead of one.  So it's a
cost-saving step on their part.

If you were sadistic (and confident) a thin-bladed saw could do the trick,
then re-attach the two halves with 1/3 plates.  I wouldn't try it because I
value my hull sections too much, but maybe some other intrepid lego-man
could try.  Of course, if anyone wants to sacrifice an extra piece, I;ll
take it down to my shop and saw away!

Ed

I have made a few ships with 6 mid-sections  they always looked like a canoe
as stated by someone else.  so about four months ago i did cut the hulls apart
and now have ships that look great.  i used my band saw with a 1/16 wide blade
and the cut was perfect.  i will soon have a web page and post this pics when
i do.

thanks matt