 Pirates / 88
Re: Personal Pirates Trivia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 09:18:31 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Ray Sanders writes:
Is this possible using hull sections from the 'Flying Time Vessel' ?
They seem to be abundantly available now and then at attractive prices.
Ray
Ed Jones wrote:
If you were sadistic (and confident) a thin-bladed saw could do the trick,
then re-attach the two halves with 1/3 plates.

You could but there are two problems
The hulls are grey and don't have a middle section - I haven't seen hull
middles
in grey in any other set.
The hull only 12 studs wide to start with, it would be much better to start
with
the wider 16 stud hull as found in 6289.

Personally I would rather try building a waterline model from bricks, the lego
hulls seem too far out of the water and there is no limit on size.
Regards john