 Pirates / 35
  Personal Pirates Trivia

Quick question: what is the longest ship you've built using the Pirates hull pieces? I've only got just a bit of Pirates stuff, I'm working on lengthening my RBR with two extra hull sections (for a total of 4 mid-sections, plus the bow and stern). (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

(...) I'm pretty pathetic with a mere three extension RBR. I'll have another extension coming whenever my swag arrives from Auczilla 10. If you want to see one with (counting on fingers) 6 extensions, check Stephen Gabriel's page: (URL) the ship in (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

(...) I've built a Pirate ship with 4 hull sections. I used the Red Beard Runner sections and hull. It has 20 cannon mounted on it. I'm thinking of building one slightly longer, but with less mass. More along the lines of the black swan. It would be (...) (25 years ago, 8-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

Steve Bliss wrote (...) Four - both the Sutherland and Agamemnon have four. The Exchequer simply doesn't have the currency to support three deckers or ships with five midsections. Bugger. Richard Still baldly going... Speak to the Governor at (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

(...) I'm thinking about adding converting my expansion-RBR to a two-decker. It looks too much like a big canoe currently. Plus, the center mast I added is too short. (...) I've always thought that, about the pirate ship hulls, and the Town ship (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

Steve Bliss wrote in message <38022bfd.352137473@...et.com>... (...) If you were sadistic (and confident) a thin-bladed saw could do the trick, then re-attach the two halves with 1/3 plates. I wouldn't try it because I value my hull sections too (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

Ed Jones wrote in message ... (...) Almost had me going there. This might be almost interesting for the centre sections, and even the stern might be manageable, but what of the bow? Richard Still baldly going... Speak to the Governor at (URL) pi++ (...) (25 years ago, 16-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

Is this possible using hull sections from the 'Flying Time Vessel' ? They seem to be abundantly available now and then at attractive prices. Ray (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

(...) You could but there are two problems The hulls are grey and don't have a middle section - I haven't seen hull middles in grey in any other set. The hull only 12 studs wide to start with, it would be much better to start with the wider 16 stud (...) (25 years ago, 28-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

(...) I have made a few ships with 6 mid-sections they always looked like a canoe as stated by someone else. so about four months ago i did cut the hulls apart and now have ships that look great. i used my band saw with a 1/16 wide blade and the cut (...) (25 years ago, 29-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

Chuckiem wrote (...) canoe (...) apart (...) blade (...) when (...) Please please please please please please please please please. I would love to see this. At four midsections and three decks I seem to have hit a creative barrier. Any longer and (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.pirates)

  Re: Personal Pirates Trivia

In fact, mail me the pics, or email me the scans, and _I'll_ put them up on _my_ site. Is that being a little over-eager? And do I give a rats? :-) Richard Still baldly going... Speak to the Governor at (URL) pi++ is,ia-]++ AD++ NI+ TO---- S+ LS- A+ (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.pirates)