 Pirates / 153
Re: Sadly a look at this group...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:13:15 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:

Nope, but my prediction was that if Adventurers continued, we would not see a
return of Pirates.  We may never see a return in any case.  One can hope for
2001, but perhaps Pirates is just too out of style, and something hipper makes
more sense to Lego.  I'd like to know the answer just for my own piece of mind,
but they play their cards close to the gravy stains.

Bruce

Sadly, my dark ages spanned virtually the whole pirate era, but in my opinion,
there is nothing hipper in Lego (besides most of the SW sets) than Pirates.  I
used to be a castle fanatic, but I'd frankly switch my energies to Pirates if
they'd come out again.  And why wouldn't they?  They have every bit as much
play
potential as Castle, and the piece selection that comes with Pirate sets seems
to have been exceptionally diverse, maybe more so than Castle.  I think that
TLG
is just taking a marketing breather.  Time Out, if you will.  When they get
back
around to making Pirates, the sets will be so fresh in everyone's mind, that it
will be as if the line had never been made before.  IMHO.