 Pirates / 152
Re: Prussian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 21:55:32 GMT

Richard Parsons wrote:

Except for the part about Blue and Red being Redcoats and Prussian - I
always thought of it as British and French infantry, with the Blues • doubling
as British Navy as necessary.  For Prussians, I tend to use backpacks,
shakos, white epaulettes, blue pants, and the blue pirate shirt with the • red
and white undershirt and brown belt.  Maybe you have to be there, but it
looks quite good IMHO.

Like this http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/prussian.jpg

That actually works out pretty well and looks really nice besides.  However,
unless you're talking about field armies, Prussian soldiers are kind of
useless...Hessians, maybe, but not Prussians.  I've always considered the
blue Imperials to be French; this is reinforced by the fleur-de-lis on the
flags, a symbol that no other nation used with such prominence.

LFB.