 Pirates / 164
Re: Prussian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 23:58:34 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Except for the part about Blue and Red being Redcoats and Prussian - I
always thought of it as British and French infantry, with the Blues • doubling
as British Navy as necessary.  For Prussians, I tend to use backpacks,
shakos, white epaulettes, blue pants, and the blue pirate shirt with the • red
and white undershirt and brown belt.  Maybe you have to be there, but it
looks quite good IMHO.

Like this http://www.hinet.net.au/~guinan/prussian.jpg

(And I know they didn't _really_ look like this. So? ;-)

Looks quite nice, certainly good enough for my Play-dough version of "history
interpreted by Lego".  Now I know what to do with all those blue-coat torsos I
have.  (Does anyone else find them as common as I do?)  Where is the head from?
I haven't seen it before.  I'm sure a variety of mustachioed heads, including
the Ice Planet guy and Obi-wan would do as well, though.  What might an officer
look like, I wonder?

Heather Patey
St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada
Pirate Wench / Brick Detective