 People / 4537
Re: Jake's Leaving LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.people
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2006 23:06:51 GMT

In lugnet.people, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
In lugnet.people, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:

Wow. Well at least I got to experience the Lego community's glory days. I don't
know what to say. I really feel like the community is dieing one member at a
time.

I think that's an overly dramatic statement, not backed up by any facts.
LEGO as a company might in some ways be in decline, but the fan community now is
bigger and richer than ever before. Our own digital magazine, websites for most
big themes, more and more LUG's popping up and existing LUG's getting bigger,
LEGO becoming more and more an excepted item among scale modellers (LEGO at
NMRA, in Europe at Mondial, Rail and several German shows just from the top of
my head)

Sure some people might go, but for each person going another new fan is joining
(in fact it's probably 2 or more, looking at the growth of most sites and LUG's)

Jan-Albert van Ree

well that's the beauty of freedom of speach. we're both entitled to our
opinions.
ondrew