Re: Metroliner Dream
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.wamalug
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:52:57 GMT

"Jeff Stembel" <aulddragon@wamalug.org> wrote:

In lugnet.general, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
Dan Boger <dan@giccs.georgetown.edu> wrote:

On Tue, 22 Feb 2000 17:31:36 GMT Christopher Tracey <ctracey@wamalug.org> • wrote
concerning 'Re: Metroliner Dream':
A WARNING to the general AFOL community:
  If you are ever building with Kevin Loch and he asks for tiles,
do not, I repeat, DO NOT, admit that you have any.  This individual
has been known to use massive quantities of tile in seconds.

If you find that your tile has been hoarded by Kevin Loch, please
contact WAMALUG, we have been specially trained to deal with this behavior.
:)

try the following:

KL:  "Where do you keep your tiles?"
You: "Oh, I just sent them all away for cleaning... should be back
     here in a week or two"

...or feign ignorance:

KL: "Where do you keep your tiles?"
You: "Tiles? what's a 'tile'?... Hey, isn't that your metroliner about to roll
off the table?!"

Isn't that the 'Diversionary Tactic'?  :)  Ya know, like the following:

KL: "Where do you keep your tiles?"
You: "Hold on a sec, I'll get...  Hey, Isn't that a Metroliner going for $60
on ebay?!"

...Well, a combination of feigning ignorance and diversionary... a full feigning
ignorance would be:

KL: "Where do you keep your tiles?"
You: "Tiles? What's a tile?..."
KL: "You know, plates with no top studs."
You: "Plates? Studs? (look of confusion)"
KL: "Yea, plates... 1/3 high bricks! (look of frustration)"
You: "Brick?"
KL: "Dah-neeese!!! Make them stop!!!!"

bwahahahahaha...

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

Huh?  Wha?  You mean we were supposed to've stopped?  :)

...ah-ha! but if u didn't stop, u wouldn't have read the original message!!!
Foiled by my plans!

...you can go back to ignoring me now...

wubwub
stephen f roberts
wildlink.com
lugnet #160