Re: Amy's advertising rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 22:32:40 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Amy Hughes writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Sure, I'd like to see sponsorship links if people pony up
money for them but that's not a big deal either.

Whoa, whoa...

<snip banner ad critique (well placed, BTW)>

I wasn't talking about big commercial banner ads. I meant if, say, Scott
decided to pay some significant part of the site costs that there ought to
be a link back to his commercial site on the front page.

THAT'S what I meant (I used Scott as an example although he's exiting the
biz... but I could just have easily used myself and my commercial site,
which is targeted at LEGO hobbyists just as Scott's was).

Hope that clarifies... but again, it's not a big deal.

++Lar