Subject:
MichLUG Meeting Summary - 3/10/2001
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 04:33:34 GMT

To All,

    Well, we had a lot of fun at our meeting today. We all want to thank Kai's
parents for letting us use their beautiful home and putting up with LEGO Maniacs
for 6 hours! : ) I uploaded some pictures to Brickshelf, here is the link:

Well, I cannot seem to upload pictures right now, I might have to wait until
Monday. : ( I am getting tired of my web service, Cleanweb. )

In summary, here is some of went on:

1) We had some new people come this time: Spencer & Steve. Nice to see you
there. Spencer's Space Shuttle was just jaw dropping. Steve, your car and trains
were awesome as well. I loved that bridge, nice job! Your rubber band gun was
nifty!

2) Kai's house was beautiful, and had plenty of room. We did not have a room
problem or anything.

3) Amy Hughes showed us some progress pictures of her church with her new
camera, on the TV. Absolutely stunning, Amy. It is supposed to hold 1,200
minifigs!!! I volunteered some of my space guys. The Blacktron always love doing
security duty, Amy! ; )

4) Spencers Space Shuttle was huge, full of detail, and probably the best
rendition I ever saw. The carrier was also top notch. Looking forward to seeing
more of your work.

4) Larry P. was a no show. Sorry we didn't see you there, Larry!

5) Trevor Prudens starship was huge, formidable, and full of awesome details.
His other smaller ships were awesome as well, and the Spiff mobile was cool.
Watch out for that veggie spam! Superb job as always, Trevor. We need to talk
about some space stuff too.

5) Chris Leach and family did show up eventually, nice to see you, Chris!

6) We had some discussion on what kind of organization we wanted for MichLUG,
and the direction we would take. We did register http://www.michlug.org for now,
but we need to work on it some more. Amy Hughes will have more details when they
are available. Amy, feel free to e-mail me if you need access to the site, or
whatever. I think the main direction is to the train shows, a few a year, so we
can prepare adequtely for them. We need to start thinking about the one in July,
it is coming around soon!

7) I discussed some plans for my site, and my current situation involving moving
to South Bend, Indiana. That minifest should be in three weeks, I think. Please
e-mail me with specific requests, folks.

Overall, it was a blast, it was nice to see everyone again, I think the next
meeting should be fun, and we can start discussing what we want to do for the
train show. Thanks to everyone! i had a blast!

Scott S.
--
Personal Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/index.html
LEGO Index Page: http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Station/3372/legoindex.html