Re: Just got back from GATS...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:08:55 GMT

I think the proposal on taking into account that you have road baseplates as
part of your module means just that you can get a bit more efficient with
use of paving when laying out your chain restaurants etc, not that you
wouldn't have some space between each one. Peter's Restaurant Row really did
evoke the sort of one chain after another you see in edge cities very nicely.

Wow.  This is like some kind of record number of postings for me.

I definitely agree with Scott on the combo approach (and I think Larry's
saying the same thing)--for some areas, like my restaurants, closing them in
makes a lot of sense.  For others, it doesn't.  Let's not make any hard and
fast rules but let people go with the style that suits them best.  But for
those who want to make use of the space on the roadplates, let's definitely
make that possible for them by letting them know exactly what space they're
getting.

Peter