Re: Just got back from GATS...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:38:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Peter Guenther writes:
While your fixing the Mc D’s I thought it would be cool to have a small
parking lot and a road for the drive though. (Just a thought)

Yeah, I was always going to, but I hate to make it take up more space...  I
may do some kind of restaurant module so the extra space is taken up by
blank space on other baseplates for my buildings.  KFC will return next
time, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut will not (at least in their present forms).

I think we are being thrown by the use of roadplates a bit. We lay down
these roadways and the edges of the roadplates end up being wasted space,
because the building is built in the middle of another baseplate. Some sort
of modular approach might well clear that up, if you knew that it was YOUR
roadway you could build out onto it or whatever (lay driveways and
drivethroughs). Also I think maybe we can cheat the width a bit by having
the drivethrough come from the back side to the front intsead of looping all
the way around. Use the other side of the building for a parking lot

I’m going to make a power plant and a logging facility, and maybe some more
misc. office buildings. I’ll have to see how much money I’ll have by the
next show.

Nuclear or other?  =)  Cool, that's one thing I can strike from my list of
future projects.

In another browser I'm filling my shopping cart at Shop At Home with goodies
for the new projects.  For the record, I hate you all--I always spend so
much money on Lego after these shows.  =)  Let me add a couple packs of
black tiles to my cart for the parking lot...

Peter