Re: Just got back from GATS...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.michlug
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 18:16:39 GMT

In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Peter Guenther writes:
I'll try for 6 (2 x 3) plates, but it might end up 8 (2x4).  That will
include the KFC, McDonald's, parking/drive-thru, and IHOP.  I'll do it on
baseplates with a raised "berm" as someone called it, kind of like Steve did
with the turntable, to hold it together.

Thanks for collecting my buildings.  Does someone have my two Ts and two
crossing plates too?  As far as I know they got worked into the display.
"PG" is marked on the bottom.
Peter we have the T's ,i didn't see the crosses but i wll chack my box of
plates they are most likely there.Take the 2x4 area and have fun with it
with parking etc.The next display at Novi i have already dicussed and have
been given a larger area already by the guys who are running it(they ran the
GR show)
Thanks,
Peter
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Chris Leach writes:
In lugnet.org.us.michlug, Peter Guenther writes:
While your fixing the Mc D’s I thought it would be cool to have a small
parking lot and a road for the drive though. (Just a thought)

Yeah, I was always going to, but I hate to make it take up more space...  I
may do some kind of restaurant module so the extra space is taken up by
blank space on other baseplates for my buildings.  KFC will return next
time, Taco Bell and Pizza Hut will not (at least in their present forms).
Peter, a restaurant module sounds good.Lets say you have a 7 plate area for
those 4 restaurants...knowing that you could do drive thru,parking lot
etc.As a side note Steve R. has your buildings.He offered to take them as he
has more space and can keep them out of reach of kids.He will contact you.
I’m going to make a power plant and a logging facility, and maybe some more
misc. office buildings. I’ll have to see how much money I’ll have by the
next show.

Nuclear or other?  =)  Cool, that's one thing I can strike from my list of
future projects.

In another browser I'm filling my shopping cart at Shop At Home with goodies
for the new projects.  For the record, I hate you all--I always spend so
much money on Lego after these shows.  =)  Let me add a couple packs of
black tiles to my cart for the parking lot...

hee hee