 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15594
  The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

I sent an e-mail off to Doug a week ago-- Doug, I hope it's not too early to get in touch with you about the spring show. The Toronto LEGO group would love to attend your show. We'll be bringing a train layout much like the one at the last show. As (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

How many types of spring toys are there? (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Well for one, there's the Slinky. Calum (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) And those little suction cup/spring/plastic base thingies that when you press down and wait an indeterminate length of time then shout with glee when they pop up! Oh to be young again... Waittaminit... Dave K (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Or a spring tractor. Calum (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Spring tractor? Not sure what you mean. Would pull-back/wind-up toys be considered spring toys? And, I keep thinking about those dogs you can pull around with a Slinky for a body. I guess those are just Slinkys, also. Steve (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Like one of these: (URL) Would pull-back/wind-up toys be considered spring toys? Well, if they use a clock spring...like the one in the video, sure. Actually a lot of the "antique toys" at that show (and I mean Antique versus whatever people (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Ahhh... anytime I can see a Canadian Vignette, I'm a happy guy... Dave K (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) I love them. I don't know what it is, but they're great. I usually hate Canada too, except during the Olympics, when I'm in the States, or when I'm travelling abroad. I'm considering ordering the DVD, but I haven't found anyone nuts enough (...) (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Is this the quasi-substitute for The Hobby Show that we talked about back in November? i.e. are we planning a Hobby Show-like display, along with the train layout? AB (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Yep--the 5 display groups at the Hobby Show got together at the show and decided that the 'new rules' for displaying at the hobby show--i.e. the monetary outlay for tables/electricity, as well as the dual tier system they had for (...) (18 years ago, 26-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Is the usual Hobby Show crowd coming to show regular models? deborah-without-the-shift-key? Jason? Janey? Calum (18 years ago, 30-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) one hobby show and now i'm already usual!! i prefer being unusual. and you call my models regular, i prefer to think of them as irregular! but in any case, in order to plan, i'd need to know when this show is, besides in april! we are (...) (18 years ago, 30-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Well, there's only been two hobby shows. So...a regular could be anyone. Except Keith. Keith can be a regular only if he promises NEVER TO PUT CHRIS' LEGO TO HUMAN SKIN AGAIN. (...) I guess DaveK answered it, it's May 7th. Something is (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Or three. Depending on how you count to three. ;) Allan B. (who was at Hobby Show 2003 and 2005 but not 2004) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Man, how quickly I forget things. Has it been three years ago?! Okay, I'm revoking everyone's regular status. Only Allan and DaveK get them now. Return your "Regulars" ID cards to me... Calum (18 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)

  Re: The Spring Toy, Train and Doll show

(...) Am I this unpopular now?? (...) As if we don't do these things all the time playing with Lego, with our fingers covered in countless bacteria and sometimes all kind of grease from french fries! And that means you too. (Okay. Next time I'll (...) (18 years ago, 1-Feb-06, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, FTX)