 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14955
Re: RCX and train motors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:41:10 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Bob Hayes wrote:

<snip>

Try adding a few lights on to the output in addition to the track connector -
this will use some of the power and slow the train down.  I think this is what
Tom Cook did to slow down some RCX controled trolleys that we had in a layout a
few years ago.

Some early electric train sets used light bulbs as speed controlers - the more
bulbs that were unscrewed, the faster the train would go.

Bob

Thanks for the idea--remembered that from the LDCC motor-to-sensor port wiring
thingy, so tried it.

Put 2 lights--not much difference.  Put a stack of 3 lights on a side (6
lights), little difference.

Eh, it'll work with a DCC'd train motor--I'm going to try the light sensor when
I get home, as well as a few other ideas from this thread.

Thanks for the ideas!

Dave K