 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14943
Re: RCX and train motors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:15:33 GMT

Watch locomotive careen off track and smash onto floor...

   hehe. Yeah, when my son & I got our first train, we ran it off the regulator
for about 30 seconds before trying the RCX thing. The next 10 minutes was spent
seeing who could "throw" the train motor the furthest.

Program your RCX with a little NQC and set motor speed
to 1... Watch your locomotive careen off the track and
smash onto the floor.

   Hmm. As I recall, I could run a train (*not* just the train motor) at power
levels of up to 3 before it jumped the track, but perhaps I'm mis-remembering.

What I may do, seeing as how I basically have no speed
control over train motors with the RCX connected directly
to the track and running NQC, is to do the 'Mark
Riley' thing and have LDCC connected to the track, but
taking commands from another RCX running NQC.

   Well, for the GBC trains at BrickFest neither Steve nor I did anything with
LDCC (we talked about it, but found we could do without). I used NQC, and Steve
used BrickOS, and both of us had reasonably could speed and positioning control.
What are you trying to do?

--
Brian Davis