 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14946
Re: RCX and train motors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:58:27 GMT

On Fri, October 14, 2005 10:04 am, David Koudys wrote:
You want some fun??  Try this some time--

Watch locomotive careen off track and smash onto floor...

Watch your locomotive careen off the track and smash onto the floor.

Yes, even at speed 1, the train motors are exceptionally fast.

Add cars to the train.  Then, the speeds will make more of a difference.

If you're using the Swan firmware, you may have more control over the motor speed.
I think there's a setting for power/break instead of the normal power/float.

Check into Swan Firmware power levels...

Here are some videos from a GBC we're making for a train layout for this weekend:
(The length of the video on the page is not correct.)

http://www.ffni.com/~kerby/gbc/index.htm

We used touch sensors that hit the train cars, as the cars go by.  Here are the cars:
http://www.teamhassenplug.org/GBC/Train/

The blue round 2x2 brick on bottom hits the arm with the touch sensor.

In our GBC @ BF, we actually could attach an unlimited number of stations to each
RCX.  But that's another matter.

Steve