 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14952
Re: RCX and train motors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:08:21 GMT

You want some fun??  Try this some time--

[snip]

What I may do, seeing as how I basically have no speed control over train motors
with the RCX connected directly to the track and running NQC, is to do the 'Mark
Riley' thing and have LDCC connected to the track, but taking commands from
another RCX running NQC.  I was hoping to not do that, considering that IR
communications really does suck.  As well, having the sensor inputs and the
motor outputs for everything plugged into 1 RCX was so convenient...

Try adding a few lights on to the output in addition to the track connector -
this will use some of the power and slow the train down.  I think this is what
Tom Cook did to slow down some RCX controled trolleys that we had in a layout a
few years ago.

Some early electric train sets used light bulbs as speed controlers - the more
bulbs that were unscrewed, the faster the train would go.

Bob