 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14950
Re: RCX and train motors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 14 Oct 2005 17:19:27 GMT

Chris Magno wrote:
as to train detecting, Didn't jeff E come up with an all lego way to
mount a LX sensor in an enclosed space and had it "triggered" by the
magnets of the couplers? IIRC it was very sensitive.(1)

(found it)

http://news.lugnet.com/org/ca/rtltoronto/?n=7281

Ya, I used this very successfully to run crossing gates in the Altenburg
layout.  They can also be constructed to sit beside the track if you
don't space under the track.

Derek