 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 160
Re: New Interurban/Trolley model, perfect for those downtown scenes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:45:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Frank Filz writes:
Larry Pieniazek wrote:
...Not trying to restart the "do we need the NMRA?" debate again but
I did want to see if any bridges get built that weren't there before.

I think we have a legitimate sub-hobby of model railroading, plus I
think it is a great way to make model railroading more accessible (and
not just to kids, many people find their ability to work with fine
detail is greatly diminished as they get older).

The organizer for SuperTrain 2001 wanted us to participate specifically
because our display was far and away the most popular with the kids.
If kids don't get interested in model trains, (so that new members
join) the hobby will die out as its participants do.

SRC